POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Function image type mirrored vertically : Re: Function image type mirrored vertically Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:29:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Function image type mirrored vertically
From: Rune
Date: 6 Apr 2002 13:17:06
Message: <3caf3ba2$1@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" wrote:
> Yes, because I said you should use an image map
> instead of the function image to see that it works
> correctly:

All other image types may work correctly, but the function image type is
reversed. I'm not saying that all image types are wrong, just the function
image type. It may be that internally the function image type works
consistently with the other image types, but for the user it works very
inconsistently with the other image types, and this should be corrected. The
current behavior is highly unintuitive and very annoying to work with.

> This is the way image maps always worked, so it won't
> be changed because it would break far too many scenes.

So you're saying that a thing like reversing just one image type (the
function image type), which sounds like a piece of cake to do, actually is a
difficult task to change??? I had no idea!

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Mar 19)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/
POV-Ray Ring:  http://webring.povray.co.uk