POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Function image type mirrored vertically : Re: Function image type mirrored vertically Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Function image type mirrored vertically
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 6 Apr 2002 11:54:53
Message: <3caf285d@news.povray.org>
In article <3caec8fe$1@news.povray.org> , "Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk>
wrote:

> Funny, because when rendering the code below I see an upside-down image.
> Another bug in my scene?

Yes, because I said you should use an image map instead of the function image
to see that it works correctly:

box {
   <0,0,-0.001>,<1,1,1>
   pigment {
      image_map {image_map {png "test.png"}}
   }
}

When doing this you will notice that the origin of the image is at exactly the
same place where the function is.  This is the way image maps always worked,
so it won't be changed because it would break far too many scenes.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde