POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just simple scenes for testing realism : Re: Just simple scenes for testing realism Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just simple scenes for testing realism
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 6 Apr 2002 11:52:23
Message: <3caf27c7$1@news.povray.org>
#1: highlights are to perfect, or I'm missing the lamp in
    the reflections... averything else looks real here...
#2: naa... white material is a bit unreal, and the reflecting
    environment of the black sphere doesn't fit here ...
#3: To sharp sphere in contrtast to the "blurry" floor...
#4: again, the highlight on the sphere is talking to
    me: "I'm unreal... I'm traced"
#5: dunno ... can't find a detail, where I would be 100% sure,
    that it is a traced one. The shadows are very slightly blurred,
    so it would be a very small arealight, and, it must be at a huge
    distance, as the shadows are nearly parallel...
    This would be very hard in a studio, (and I see no other
    reflections), but who knows...
    The highlights are somehow "real" to me ...
#6: The Ref-Map of the "thing" doesn't fit, looks somehow the
    same as in #2, and is missing in the floor.
    IMHO, If you have the objects mirroring in the floor, you
    also have the sky there ...
    2nd, there is something with the shadows, but I can't tell what

So, if there's any pic of these one a photo, I'd stick on #5 ...
but I'm sure, you could also trace a pic like this one ...