POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just simple scenes for testing realism : Re: Just simple scenes for testing realism Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:24:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just simple scenes for testing realism
From: Tek
Date: 6 Apr 2002 11:18:24
Message: <3caf1fd0@news.povray.org>
I think they're all renders, though some are good.

1. Very good, probably the best. but the pattern on the floor looks a bit like a
standard noise function variant. The blur adds so much to the realism.

2. Would look rendered even if it was a photo! (though I don't think it is).
This style of lighting/radiosity/camera would look great for real world objects.

3. The ball looks like it's been composited onto the backdrop. I think maybe the
shadow needs to be darker.

4. The shadow of the ball on the sticking up object seems to have a double image
effect, as if you had an area light of too low resolution.

5. very nice. The only give away that it's traced is that there's nothing else
in the scene (which would be seen in radiosity and reflections). That in itself
is possible if you take the photo in a studio, but the light source is so far
away that it looks like sunlight... um, I guess what I'm saying is it looks
exactly like two objects photographed in an infinite flat white desert!

6. There's radiosity artefacts at the base of the shiny thing. Also it has a bit
of that disconnected feel that was in 3.

Very nice on the whole. Now do it with real objects!

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com