POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just simple scenes for testing realism : Re: Just simple scenes for testing realism Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just simple scenes for testing realism
From: Ari-Matti Leppanen
Date: 6 Apr 2002 10:52:50
Message: <3caf19d2@news.povray.org>
"Hugo" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in message
> Maybe you refuse to bother because of all these spheres, but they're my
> recent attempts at realistic raytracing.

1) A photo, only the lamps reflections bother me somehow. This might be real
ball bearings on a plastic carpet.

2) Nearly a photo, the largest spheres material looks unreal. The black one
is great and needs to be shared with us.

3) Not a photo, the spheres material looks unreal. Same as the big in no. 2.

4) Dunno, without the sphere might be a photo, it's the highlight.

5) A photo, good plastic on the white object.

6) Nearly a photo, the grey object should be lifted slightly off the surface
or the edge needs a bit roundess.

Ari-Matti