POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : foss ship : Re: foss ship Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: foss ship
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 5 Apr 2002 10:48:41
Message: <3cadc759$1@news.povray.org>

3cadb4b5$1@news.povray.org...

> Maybe I'm missing something really great in his art, but to me it looks
very
> simple. I'm not saying that I could do it, but I have seen many on the net
> with similar styles whose work it much more complete and detailed.

Perhaps you should try to get a copy of his book, "XXIrst Century Foss". It
was published in the early 80s. All the Foss pics I've found so far on the
net really don't do justice to his work, because they are poor scans of this
book. Personally, I've always found Foss' sci-fi art much better and
imaginative than the dreadful military-looking designs that have become the
norm since. Too bad Hollywood was never able to use his work. His concept
art for Dune (the aborted 1975 version, not the Lynch one) is still
incredible by modern standards, but I guess that it came too early.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com