POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cheap_Sweep posted / Demo / Question : Re: Cheap_Sweep posted / Demo / Question Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cheap_Sweep posted / Demo / Question
From: Shay
Date: 5 Apr 2002 09:24:00
Message: <3cadb380@news.povray.org>
Hugo <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in message news:3cad8d39@news.povray.org...

> Fast learning, in my honest opinion. You've got to have some programming
> experience before POV-Ray, right?

With people like ABX, Tor, etc. from which to learn, how long could it
possibly take to catch-on?

UGhh, I do have a little programming experience, but I don't like to think
about it. My wife took a C++ (not shur how many plusses they're up to yet)
in college about 18 months ago. On a few occasions when her work schedule
was too heavy, I had to do her assignments for her. It's a miserable
experience, I promise you, writing a C++ program when you have to figure out
how to do every single thing by looking it up in a 300 page book. It gets
even less fun when you figure out how to accomplish the task and have no
idea about the syntax or which files to include.

> Well, I started programming when I was 8 years old but it's not until
today
> I use math so intensely .. 17 years after.. But raytracing relies very
much
> on math.

Awesome. I'm only a couple years older and didn't even have a computer when
I was 8 years old.