POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Comparing mesh grass with faked grass (32+20 kbu) : Re: Comparing mesh grass with faked grass (32+20 kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 02:31:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Comparing mesh grass with faked grass (32+20 kbu)
From: Shay
Date: 3 Apr 2002 11:46:32
Message: <3cab31e8@news.povray.org>
Rune <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in message

> Ok, I really don't know what to conclude, so I'll just let it be up to
> you...

I believe that each has it's place. Your macro is a very powerful tool which
will be more effective than mesh grass in many instances. Perhaps for closer
shots, a combination of the two techniques would work well. Mesh grass could
be used to give a distinct blade shape, and your grass could be used to add
density.

 -Shay