POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sword Stand (not final) : Sword Stand (not final) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 02:33:12 EDT (-0400)
  Sword Stand (not final)
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 3 Apr 2002 09:09:50
Message: <3cab0d2e@news.povray.org>
This version removed the strange coloration of the sword by removing the
sphere around the scene.  I then created walls, floor and ceiling (closed
the entire "room") and then rendered the scene.

I used Bright_Bronze for the brass plaque since it turned into a completely
brown rectangle and the engraved names were invisible.

Unfortunately the scene now takes 9 hours to render as opposed to the
previous 2 hours.  (Using a 750 mhz machine with 256 meg of ram.)

I used spotlights before but (with the room now closed) the other walls were
black (very little light hit them) so I made one light a regular light to
bring the other parts of the room out.

Not sure if I like it more or not, although it is more true-to-life than
before.  I may still need to reduce the brightness of the brass plaque so it
doesn't stand out so much.

Any comments?

Patrick Dugan

Post a reply to this message