POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sword Stand (final?) 107 KB : Re: Sword Stand (final?) 107 KB Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:11:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sword Stand (final?) 107 KB
From: 25ct
Date: 2 Apr 2002 14:48:40
Message: <3caa0b18@news.povray.org>
"Patrick Dugan" <pat### [at] usnetcomcorpcom> wrote in message

> Thank you!  Once I figure out a cloth method (or someone else posts a cloth
> include for Povray 3.5) I'll add something in there.
>
> Well I actually own the sword and dagger.  I have tried to model them as
> close as I can to the real thing.  The "horns" on the hilt
> could be a bit dangerous.  The sword is very heavy.  I didn't add a "blood
> channel" down the blade since the real one doesn't have it.

     Ah! That's what it's called! A ' Blood Channel' ? Ie, a groove for the blood to
run down?? - Obviously.

        Eek!!  ;)

    Heheh.. I was thinking more along the lines of the actual manufacture of the
sword. Don't they usually have 'bevelled' angles to
the blade? (Possibly with a groove too?)
    The whole cross section being a thin/narrow diamond shape? I'm very possibly
wrong, so forgive me for *digging* too deep with
this...  <..sheesh....>  ;)

    ~Steve~