POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : New AA methods for POV-Ray : Re: New AA methods for POV-Ray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:21:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New AA methods for POV-Ray
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 2 Apr 2002 13:49:37
Message: <3ca9fd41$1@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> In article <3ca8ce46@news.povray.org>, "Jan Walzer" <jan### [at] lzernet>
> wrote:
>
> > <theoretically>
> > probably for an infinite number of samples/pixel (+some jitter) could
> > remove moire ...
> > </theoretically>
>
> I don't think so. [....]  Sampling each pixel with a spherical
> distribution instead of a flat square distribution helped some.

Hence I added the "+some jitter"-part ... I assumed the jitter to
be spherical ...

OTOH: Even if, it would produce an blurred image, probably a rectangular
jitter, spanning over 3x3 pixels should suffice, to avoid moire ...

The image will loose sharpness, but moire should be gone (for infinite
number of samples)