POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Anti-aliasing : Re: Anti-aliasing Server Time
5 Sep 2024 06:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anti-aliasing
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 2 Apr 2002 12:51:43
Message: <3ca9efaf@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> > What about writing the same as function in 3.5 ?
>
>   How?

Its easy for mosaic filtering and subsequent resizing.
I will write such a macro to avoid future discussions.
But in my eyes correction of gamma, brightness or contrast are much more
bending the rules than the antialiasing methods in discussion.

By the way using Pov-Ray for filter effects one can do some nice effects.
Does anybody know the exact algorithm for Gaussian Blur?
How the image edges are processed?

Norbert