POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Anti-aliasing : Re: Anti-aliasing Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anti-aliasing
From: Tom Melly
Date: 2 Apr 2002 10:25:35
Message: <3ca9cd6f@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message news:3ca9aecd@news.povray.org...

<snip>

From what I understand of this debate, does this resize-for-better-aa really
break the rules, either in spirit or fact?

I take your point that to resize to get rid of artifacts is a definate no-no,
but the aa issue seems linked to the size of the image-output, rather than an
inherant problem with the scene.

In other words if the defect corrected by resizing is present in the high
resolution image, then you are breaking the rules. However, if the defect is not
present at high res., and you are merely trying to duplicate the "clean" image
at a lower-res. then I don't think any rules, spirit or fact, have been broken.