POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flat Wire : Re: Flat Wire Server Time
16 Aug 2024 02:28:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flat Wire
From: Hugo
Date: 1 Apr 2002 15:29:07
Message: <3ca8c313@news.povray.org>
> What input is needed for this macro?

A declared object, where the Y size does not exceed  -1*y  to  1*y  and a
stream of numbers defining the path to travel. The object will be scaled in
the Y direction to fit the distance between steps in the path.

> A quick look gives me the impression that this macro functions by creating
> multiple copies of an object. If this is the case, I'll bet the render
time
> is Hell!

It copies the object once for each segment, yes, but the render time is
actually very fast (at least if the object is made of primitives)

> I'm sure that there are some really useful applications for this

Yeah, it seems to output a perfect mesh, and I must say you've won over
sphere_sweeps!  :o)

Regards,
Hugo