POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flat Wire : Re: Flat Wire Server Time
16 Aug 2024 02:29:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flat Wire
From: Shay
Date: 1 Apr 2002 14:41:23
Message: <3ca8b7e3@news.povray.org>
Hugo <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in message news:3ca8b396@news.povray.org...

> Me likes!  :o)  Looks like tape that you use for a present. :o)

Thank you.

> I have a macro that takes a user defined object and sweeps it along a
path,
> but it was made for Y sweeps and I don't think it works in all
directions..

What input is needed for this macro?
A quick look gives me the impression that this macro functions by creating
multiple copies of an object. If this is the case, I'll bet the render time
is Hell!

What I did for the ribbon is just make a mesh approximation of a tall,
skinny box extruded along a spline. The same could easily be done for any
primitive or prism. I'm sure that there are some really useful applications
for this, but I'm using my work brain and cannot think of any at the moment.

 -Shay