POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known bugs 1 Apr 2002 (beta15) and request : Re: Known bugs 1 Apr 2002 (beta15) and request Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Known bugs 1 Apr 2002 (beta15) and request
From: Rune
Date: 1 Apr 2002 10:56:11
Message: <3ca8831b@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" wrote:
> With this information I can confirm it:  As bounding
> of nothing is "unusual" the code assumed the threshold
> is positive.  This will be fixed in the next beta.
> The Bounding_Threshold will then be adjusted to its
> minimum legal value of one (together with a warning
> message) automatically.

This means that if there's less than 1 object in the scene, the bounding
will be turned off, right? I also seem to remember that in animations, the
first frame of the animation determines if bounding is turned on or not for
all the frames, even if there are more objects in the next frames.

So, if Bounding_Threshold can't be set to 0, and one has an animation where
there's no objects in the first frame, then bounding will be turned off for
all the frames, thus causing a major slow-down.

If the above is not correct, I apologize, but if it is, then I think a
better solution should be found, like evaluating the Bounding_Threshold in
every frame instead of only in the first frame.

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Mar 19)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/
POV-Ray Ring:  http://webring.povray.co.uk