POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Simple fractal resursion problem probably solved : Re: Simple fractal resursion problem probably solved Server Time
16 Aug 2024 02:34:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple fractal resursion problem probably solved
From: Alastair Murray
Date: 31 Mar 2002 15:39:24
Message: <3ca773fc@news.povray.org>
I'm doing a fractal with transparant spheres inside transparent spheres ( a
transmit of 0.98 ) - 350000 of them.  add in reflections and specular
reflections and I can't get away with anything less than a max_trace_level
of 25.

Took 10 hours to do 48% of a test render on an Athlon XP 1700+ win 512Meg
RAM at 1024*768.   Youch.