POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity test (~110 KB.) : Re: Radiosity test (~110 KB.) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:13:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity test (~110 KB.)
From: JRG
Date: 30 Mar 2002 08:00:15
Message: <3ca5b6df$1@news.povray.org>
"George Pantazopoulos" wrote:
> Jonathan,
>     Incredible pic, you obviously put a lot of effort and care into your
> work. I can only hope to get as good as you are!

Thank you very much!

> Would you please let me
> know what you use for a modeler (if you use one), and any other relevant
> details for this pic?
>
> Thanks,
> George Pantazopoulos

I normally do not use any modeller. If I have to, I go with Hamapatch.
There's not much to say about this scene:

-the ouzo bottle is simple CSG.
-the wine glass is a lathe object.
-the corkscrew is CSG+blob+isosurface.
-the body of the pepper jar was modelled in Hamapatch. The cap is CSG.

About the lighting: I indeed cheated here... but the trick isn't hidden that much.
You can figure it out yourself... ;-)

--
Jonathan.

Home: http://digilander.iol.it/jrgpov