POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Please help me compare some grass : Re: Please help me compare some grass Server Time
16 Aug 2024 02:31:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Please help me compare some grass
From: Sir Charles W  Shults III
Date: 29 Mar 2002 21:25:04
Message: <3ca52200$1@news.povray.org>
The second image looks much better.  At first glance, it is hard to say just
why, but I think it is because the blades show the right amount of curvature
versus width.  If you had longer grass, the curvature in the first picture would
look more realistic.  An individual blade of grass is fairly stiff, and does not
usually exhibit a great deal of bending unless exposed to high winds.

Cheers!

Chip Shults
My robotics, space and CGI web page - http://home.cfl.rr.com/aichip