POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity test (~110 KB.) : Re: Radiosity test (~110 KB.) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity test (~110 KB.)
From: JRG
Date: 29 Mar 2002 20:25:04
Message: <3ca513f0@news.povray.org>
"ingo" <ing### [at] homenl> wrote:
> Looks very good,

Thank you.

> although it is a test run a few minor comments, the finish of the red
> stuff on the top of the wine bottle doesn't look good, too dull.

Yeah. It looked good with lights and highlights.

>The
> cork is too bright, unless it's one of those cork faking plastic corks.
> The colors on the wine bottels lable look a bit washed out, as if a
> gamma correction is applied twice. It's not in harmony with the rest of
> the scene.

I will de-correct (sp?) the original map.

> For the wine glass have you scaled the wine smaller than the
> glass? If so, try scale it a bit bigger than the glass, it may look more
> natural.

Yes. It's just a bit smaller than the glass. Does it look wrong?

> Couldn't resist what I usually do with photos, cover parts of them with
> white paper to change / improve compostition. Result, cropped the image
> to about 510X670 counting from the top right hand side. It chops of the
> top of the bottle on its side and brings the left hand side of the wine
> bottle to about 1/3 of the image.

This didn't mean to be a good composition. I just put together some of the objects
modelled to see how they looked with these specific light conditions.

--
Jonathan.