POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cheap Sweep : Similar, but definitely different Server Time
16 Aug 2024 02:32:58 EDT (-0400)
  Similar, but definitely different
From: Shay
Date: 28 Mar 2002 10:19:02
Message: <3ca33466@news.povray.org>
I looked at Tor's code that Hugo posted and he uses a completely different
method. His method makes a torus segment with ends on two control points. My
method makes a torus segment which may pass through no control points and
has its ends at the midpoints between a point and its previous and next
points.

I considered Tor's method, but the method I chose is more appropriate for
the kinds of objects I designed it to create. (Cables, tubing, piping, etc.)
Attached is a picture showing the same set of control points and the output
of each macro. My macro produced the red sweep, Tor's the blue.

 -Shay

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Shay_TorJPG.jpg' (12 KB)