POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sword Stand WIP (virtual and real) : Re: Sword Stand WIP (virtual and real) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 02:31:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sword Stand WIP (virtual and real)
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 27 Mar 2002 12:03:36
Message: <3ca1fb68$1@news.povray.org>
Thank you.  I just hope the real thing meets my expectations.

Yes, Hamingja (the sword) means "personal reserve of power" and
Gandr (the dagger) means "witchcraft or sorcery."

The swords are not used.  They are made to go into battle if needed, they
aren't simply
display pieces.  While I don't use them (when would I really?) I still
consider them more
than just decoration.   They are weapons that can be used when required.
The sword and
dagger weren't made after anything historical, I just went with the
tradition of giving them
names.