POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : initial_clock / final_clock behaviour : Re: initial_clock / final_clock behaviour Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:29:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: initial_clock / final_clock behaviour
From: Rune
Date: 26 Mar 2002 15:35:47
Message: <3ca0dba3@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" wrote:
> You actually found a precision bug in POV-Ray because
> the animation loop uses such an iterative approach by
> simply adding clock_delta to clock when it goes from
> one frame to the next.

> will be in the next beta.

Thanks, this sounds great.

However, I still stand by my belief that a supposedly constant value such as
initial_clock should not even variate the slightest bit from frame to frame.

The current initial_clock value in POV-Ray does indeed stay exactly the same
in every frame, and what I ask is that the initial_clock and final_clock
values will not be dropped.

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/