POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Meshed sphere experiment (DIVX) : Meshed sphere experiment (DIVX) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:32:15 EDT (-0400)
  Meshed sphere experiment (DIVX)
From: Fernando Gonzalez del Cueto
Date: 25 Mar 2002 21:35:59
Message: <3c9fde8f@news.povray.org>
Hi, I'm now in vacations and I couldn't bring my computer with me, so I had
to use my father's laptop. Fortunately, I could bring in a CDRW a copy of
POVRAY :)

I was able to develop an idea I had in mind: meshify an sphere and play with
it. My idea was to generate the mesh recursively, starting from a regular
tetrahedron and spawning new triangles. One of the trickiest parts (I didn't
forsee that!) was to generate the coordinates of the initial tetrahedron! I
hope you like it!

I'm currently on a very slow dialup connection so I think this will be a
long upload.

As always, any commentary will be welcomed.

Fernando.

p.s. I'm melting!!! the thermometer marks about 32 degrees C.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'anim02.avi.dat' (628 KB)