POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : eye test (~50k jpg) : eye test (~50k jpg) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:17:25 EDT (-0400)
  eye test (~50k jpg)
From: Ross Litscher
Date: 22 Mar 2002 16:29:30
Message: <3c9ba23a@news.povray.org>
I havn't played around with povray in a long time, but i had an idea for an
animation after watching The Twillight Zone inbetween classes last week.
Anyway, the animation would need an eyeball if I end up doing it. So after
about 30 minutes of playing around, i came up with this. I tried to avoid
all the detail in the colored part of the eye for now, but tried hacking it
with an open cone inside the eye with a texture. it didn't turn out how i
expected, the cloudyness on the green is the result, as the green is really
just color rgbf <0.59, 0.78, 0.59, 0.73>

does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the white part more
glassy/gooey looking? currently there is a partially reflective partially
transparent, kinda bumpy sphere over it all. it made the color part look
glassy, but not the white.

not sure about the blood vessels, but they aren't *bad* i guess.

all in all, i'm pretty happy with the 30 minutes of work. its all just a
bunch of intersections and differences.

peace,
ross

Post a reply to this message