POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Recent survey of asteroid PVR2002A : Re: Recent survey of asteroid PVR2002A Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:15:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Recent survey of asteroid PVR2002A
From: Sir Charles W  Shults III
Date: 21 Mar 2002 09:15:21
Message: <3c99eaf9$1@news.povray.org>
Hmm, actually, it's boundaries are well clear of its container, so no
clipping is occurring.  I think you may be referring to the edge you see?
That is just a hard shadow.  I used a negative ambient value to sharpen the
shadows up, and I think that may be what you are seeing, a sharp edged
shadow.  I could re-render and get that clarified pretty easily.
    Also, I will be sharpening up the cratering on this, because I found
what appears to be a good algorithm for them.  This is indeed an isosurface-
one where I combined three selected mathematical functions and some
turbulence.
    The little iso artifact can be "iso-lated" and animated in a slow orbit
around the parent body with a little judicious clipping and boxing, and if I
go so far as to animate this, that is what I will do.  Next, I need to get a
factory on it and a mining pit.

Cheers!

Chip Shults
My robotics, space and CGI web page - http://home.cfl.rr.com/aichip