POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Yet another morph (MPEG1) : Re: Yet another morph (MPEG1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:28:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another morph (MPEG1)
From: Gleb
Date: 20 Mar 2002 14:59:58
Message: <3c98ea3e$1@news.povray.org>
"Fernando Gonzalez del Cueto" <fgd### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Hope you like it.

As for me, I do.

> > It seems that the logo is 35 frames of 22x22 pixels in one ,bmp?
>
> Yes, but how can one "concatenate" these frames in one .bmp file? I
suppose
> there must be some utility out there, but I have not found it.

Well, there are a lot of ways, actually, but, besides I'm not familiar
enough
with POV-Ray, I think however that one can use it for this purpose. I have
tried for
example this code and it seems that it works.

It takes 35 images: Prefix00.bmp,...Prefix34.bmp and generates
the logo (of course, +w22 +h770).

Any advices are welcome.

Gleb

//------------------------ 8<--------------------------------
global_settings {assumed_gamma 1}
camera {
  orthographic
  right x
  up y*35
  location <0,0,-2>
  look_at 0

}

#declare i=0;
#while(i<35)
  #declare ImageName=concat("Prefix",str(i,-2,0),".bmp");
  box{-0.1*z,x+y
    texture {
      pigment {
        image_map { sys ImageName map_type 0 interpolate 2 once }
      }
      finish{ambient 1}
    }
    translate <-0.5,(-17.5+i),0>