POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Morphs are getting trendy :) (MPEG1) : Re: Morphs are getting trendy :) (MPEG1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Morphs are getting trendy :) (MPEG1)
From: Fernando Gonzalez del Cueto
Date: 20 Mar 2002 10:30:47
Message: <3c98ab27@news.povray.org>
> Fernando wrote:
> > Just a quick experiment with morphing letters. I hope you like it, and
of
> > course, any commentary is welcomed.
>
> Definitely I like it, except the flickering holes in the surface? What
about
> render time pr frame? I haven't yet found the code for this stuff but it
> seems very interesting!  :o)

Thanks Hugo! I'm glad you liked it. I'll post right away another variation
over the same theme, which I left rendering in the night.

I'm defining an include file "myletters.inc" which has 5 control points for
each letter. The main script, renders the letters as a cubic-splined
sphere_sweep. I haven't posted the code, it really needs some cleaning, but
it is quite small, so maybe I could post it later.

Thanks for your comments,

Fernando.