POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gerbera Take 2 : Re: Gerbera Take 2 Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gerbera Take 2
Date: 19 Mar 2002 15:57:13
Message: <3c97a629@news.povray.org>
> > Oh dear, texturing! Don't remind me .-)
>
> Have you already done flowers? I know of your infamous
> ferns, but IMO leaves and petals are totally different matters,
> texturing-wise seen.

Infamous? *lol*
I'm currently working on a flower. My only problem is the lack of time.
Finally it should join the scene of the fern.
Texturing is just one single texture statement. It doesn't really matter on
what object you apply it?

My macros currently take two splines (stem of the petal and outline) and
combine this to a smooth 3D mesh, add some optional wrinkles, normal
distortion and so on.
The other way (the way the fern uses) creates a point array for the leaf
outline, a stem path and then the macros align the outline along the stem.
The rest is as described above.
Textures are created in an array (e.g. for aging or just to have some
variance) which are then transformed to fit onto the mesh.

Funny coincidence. Doing plants with meshes :-)

regards
SY