POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Textured crackle city : Re: Textured crackle city Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Textured crackle city
From: Tom York
Date: 18 Mar 2002 04:39:37
Message: <3c95b5d9$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3c94ec04@news.povray.org>, Tek wrote:
>...And while I'm here, I want to pick your brains: Can anyone come up with a
>pigment that is perpendicular to crackle? i.e. it has it's junctions in the
>centre of crackle's points, and it's points on crackle's junctions. Or am I just
>talking crazy talk?

I seem to remember reading in the Povray docs that crackle, the
mightiest of textures, is based on a Voronoi diagram method. If that's
so, I believe what you may (possibly) be looking for is a texture based
on the Delaunay triangulation. I don't know if there is such a texture
built into Pov, though. Perhaps you could render the crackle texture to
an image, and create some cleverness to extract the triangulation
from it, he said, in the confident voice of someone who's not going to
have to code it.

Tom