POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ultimate Spacecraft.... : Re: Ultimate Spacecraft.... Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ultimate Spacecraft....
From: Corey Woodworth
Date: 17 Mar 2002 22:43:29
Message: <3c956261@news.povray.org>
"25ct" <25c### [at] lineonenet> wrote in message news:3c95324d@news.povray.org...
> The year is 3049, and this is the Planet Carrier 'PC-1012'.
>
>  It's the ultimate Spacecraft. Inside it, Earth.
>
>  It has its own inbuilt gravity mechanism which holds the Earth central.
>
>  It can move anywhere in the Universe.
>
> It even has its own 'rain' mechanism, the craft being able to tell which
piece of land needs rain next or the most. The craft itself
> is just one big commune, holding 175 million working people at any one
time, while on Earth, the other 3billion people work and
> relax in a much better atmosphere compared to a thousand years ago.
>
>  ( ...have I sold it yet?  ;)

I really like the idea behind this pic but not a big fan of the pic itself.
I think if we were gonna haul a planet around we'd pick one that was much
prettier than a gas giant. I'm thinking dark greens and blues. No atmosphere
either because the ship takes care of that. Also, where is the propulsion?

>  Ok, I think I'm going to make this an ongoing project but I don't want
gold as the texture, I think it needs a nice dark metallic

I definetly agree

> finish for the craft as I intend to put rows of windows/lights along each
beam to highlight the overall shape (gulp...scaling and
> positioning will be hard).

Sounds pretty! Can't wait! How much are tickets?

> What finish would that be? Any ideas?
>
>    ~Steve~

Corey