POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ultimate Spacecraft.... : Ultimate Spacecraft.... Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Ultimate Spacecraft....
From: 25ct
Date: 17 Mar 2002 19:18:21
Message: <3c95324d@news.povray.org>
The year is 3049, and this is the Planet Carrier 'PC-1012'.

 It's the ultimate Spacecraft. Inside it, Earth.

 It has its own inbuilt gravity mechanism which holds the Earth central.

 It can move anywhere in the Universe.

It even has its own 'rain' mechanism, the craft being able to tell which piece of land
needs rain next or the most. The craft itself
is just one big commune, holding 175 million working people at any one time, while on
Earth, the other 3billion people work and
relax in a much better atmosphere compared to a thousand years ago.

 ( ...have I sold it yet?  ;)

 Ok, I think I'm going to make this an ongoing project but I don't want gold as the
texture, I think it needs a nice dark metallic
finish for the craft as I intend to put rows of windows/lights along each beam to
highlight the overall shape (gulp...scaling and
positioning will be hard).

What finish would that be? Any ideas?

   ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message