POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : cloth and csg: bounding box test : Re: cloth and csg: bounding box test Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cloth and csg: bounding box test
From: Hugo
Date: 17 Mar 2002 15:27:13
Message: <3c94fc21$1@news.povray.org>
> > I have no idea what you mean with "object pattern". Could explain it
> > further?
>
> I think he was talking about using the object pattern in MegaPOV/POV 3.5
> to either generate the boxes or do the testing itself.

I meant the testing itself.  The "object pattern" takes an object (any kind
of object in Pov) and turns it into a 3d pattern, similar to the patterns
"bumps", "granite" or whatever. The result is you can easily test if a point
in space is inside or outside your original object.. So if you apply this
pattern as the texture of your cloth, you will be able to see - or just
test - when parts of your cloth is inside the object.

The benefit is you don't need specific code for all the primitive shapes and
so on.

Regards,
Hugo