POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu) : Re: Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 10:25:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu)
From: Corey Woodworth
Date: 17 Mar 2002 14:22:04
Message: <3c94ecdc@news.povray.org>
I like the banding a lot better in this one, It might even looik better with
a 3rd color added for more variation, but I'm not sure if thats realsitic or
not, just a guess :) I liked the 2nd's normal the best but this one fits
better, maybe if you lowered its height or depth (whatever its called) it
might look like a better combination between  sand and rock. The sand in the
distance needs to look smoother I think too, maybe lowering the depth of the
normal would fix that? One thing that has beugged me about all 3 pics iss
the mountainthings in the middle. The ones on the sides look awsome but the
ones in the middle look TOO bumpy. Maybe its because I can see both light
AND shadow on the middle ones and it gives the bumps much more contrast
compared to the mountains on the sides. Perhaps moving the light source
would fix this or lowering the turbulence (correct term?) on the middle
ones. Still looks a LOT better than my few meager attempts at terrain. and
It's a big improvement!

Can't wait to see the next one!

Corey