POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu) : Re: Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 10:31:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 17 Mar 2002 14:19:45
Message: <3c94ec51@news.povray.org>
"Hugo" wrote:
> I suggest you use focal blur in your final
> scenes and animations; even just a small blur
> in the horisont because it improves realism
> and beauty.

Focal blur is too slow. :(

> And I hope you will share your sky code before
> you write it over! They might not be realistic
> for a desert when one thinks about it, but they
> are the best procedural ones I've seen in POV
> that doesn't use media.

Really? I've seen very impressive clouds made of many stacked planes, but
the ones in this image were made of just 4 planes... Anyway, I'll put them
on my website sometime soon.

> The ground ... is not sandy but rocky.. Obviously
> you're after a rocky look..

Yes. Landscapes with "hills" like these ones usually are rocky, aren't they?
I've been looking at images from the web of Grand Canyon for inspiration.
Still not sure if it's actually a desert.

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/
POV-Ray Ring:  http://webring.povray.co.uk