POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu) : Re: Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 10:24:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 17 Mar 2002 14:19:43
Message: <3c94ec4f@news.povray.org>
"Kevin Ellis" wrote:
> Coming along very nicely, the textures seem fine now,
> although a bit green, If they are to stay green then
> I suggest you add some green bushes or something to
> set the colour off.

Actually the whole image is a little washed out, so I've added some more
contrast, as seen in the small attached image. Maybe it looks less green
now?

> There doesn't seem to be any cloud shadows though
> which I would expect from that sky and lighting.

I'm not sure of this myself. The clouds do cast shadows, as I have to double
up the light source intensity when I activate the clouds, but yet I can't
see any shadows from the clouds, or if it's actually one big shadow, then I
can't see any hole in that shadow. Maybe the clouds are too big and too far
away, so that the shadows are huge.

> Also that ridge on the right could really do
> woth some radiosity or even just a fill light.

Radiosity is slow - probably too slow for an animation I think - but I'll
investigate the possibilities.

> Great work though, I'm sure Al will be quite happy
> there........ as long as he has some food and water
> I suppose.

Or a portal to get away... :)

> Any progress on the icy landscape?

Haven't started yet.