POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Textured crackle city : Textured crackle city Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:12:35 EDT (-0400)
  Textured crackle city
From: Tek
Date: 17 Mar 2002 14:18:28
Message: <3c94ec04@news.povray.org>
I've put some textures onto the city scape I posted a while ago (see thread "the
power of crackle"). It's from the camera angle used in DJ Wiza's render (well,
more or less) :). The roads are based on the same crackle texture that describes
the shape of the buildings, and the windows are just a cell pigment with some
window frames added.

I quite like the effect, though I'm going to try a different version with much
higher-tech looking buildings (something like the Manga/Anime Ghost In The
Shell). But what do you folks think of it?

...And while I'm here, I want to pick your brains: Can anyone come up with a
pigment that is perpendicular to crackle? i.e. it has it's junctions in the
centre of crackle's points, and it's points on crackle's junctions. Or am I just
talking crazy talk?

For anyone who can't guess I want it so I can get dashed lines on the road, more
evenly spaced windows, and all these kinds of things :)

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message