POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu) : Re: Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 10:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu)
From: Hugo
Date: 17 Mar 2002 13:19:06
Message: <3c94de1a$1@news.povray.org>
I suggest you use focal blur in your final scenes and animations; even just
a small blur in the horisont because it improves realism and beauty. And I
hope you will share your sky code before you write it over! They might not
be realistic for a desert when one thinks about it, but they are the best
procedural ones I've seen in POV that doesn't use media.

The ground ... is not sandy but rocky.. Obviously you're after a rocky
look.. I don't know how that looks in real life.. But sandy deserts are
pretty clean. No textures on the ground (except a tiny granite with specular
highlights). Just brown hills. No clouds.

Regards,
Hugo