POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu) : Re: Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 17 Mar 2002 06:30:03
Message: <3c947e3b@news.povray.org>
"Peter Popov" wrote:
> The clouds don't look like what you'd see in a desert,
> more like typical continental rain clouds.

Hmm, I'm not sure that desert is the right term in the first place. I was a
little inspired by Grand Canyon - is Grand Canyon a desert? Anyway, I
haven't been there, I'm just looking at photos from the web.

I'll see if I can find some good inspiration for some different clouds.

> You can try putting some cacti...

Maybe...

> maybe if you shift the setting it a little more
> towards night time

No, I want bright sunshine. :)

> A single vulture perching on a rock in the mid-distance
> could bring a lot more to the picture than what I described
> above. Easier to do, too.  <g>

Easy? I don't think so! Besides, you do realize it would have to be a
slightly cartoony vulture to fit together with AL the Alien? ;)

> And by all means, render a version with either the spherical
> or cylindrical camera... you know, for us cheaters :)

Actually it is indeed rendered with the spherical camera already. Oh, you
mean a full 360x180 degree image so you can map it onto the sky_sphere in
your own scenes? Cheater! ;)

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)