POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu) : Re: Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:18:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 17 Mar 2002 06:30:02
Message: <3c947e3a@news.povray.org>
"Ben Birdsey" wrote:
> It looks like you are using crand in the texture.

I didn't use crand - never have done, never will do. Crand is evil.

> But maybe it's just a compression artifact, or maybe a
> sampling error if you're using media for the atmosphere...

Not using media. I don't think it looks very noisy, but the little noise
there is must be caused by the normal, which of course gets very small with
distance.

> As for composition, I like the 1st post the best.  The
> foreground butte seems to be obscuring too much of your
> wonderful background.

That can be fixed in the still image, but in the animation that I'll be
using this scene in, the camera has to be near the ground where the action
takes place. :)

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)