POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert Landscape take 2 (99kbu) : Re: Desert Landscape take 2 (99kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:13:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desert Landscape take 2 (99kbu)
From: Kevin Ellis
Date: 16 Mar 2002 12:25:07
Message: <3c937ff3@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in message
> I completely rewrote the textures, and I think it looks nice at a distance
> now, but I'm still not sure it's quite right up close. I did make the
> crackle pattern much smaller, but also moved the camera closer to the
ground
> so that it is now at eye-level.

Looks much better, the bands of different rock look more obvious.

I think the ground normal would look ok if it was mud but I don't think rock
would form that sort of shape as that normally comes from wet mud drying
out, which I don't think the rock would do.

> Kevin, thanks for your sky code, but I ended up making my own from
scratch,
> as I wanted something a bit faster. The clouds seen in this image are made
> of four textured planes, so it renders quite fast.

No probs, I'm sure that the planes are much much faster, not sure why I went
for media with such little effect. Oh well.

Kev