POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert Landscape take 2 (99kbu) : Desert Landscape take 2 (99kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Desert Landscape take 2 (99kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 16 Mar 2002 12:13:32
Message: <3c937d3c@news.povray.org>
I completely rewrote the textures, and I think it looks nice at a distance
now, but I'm still not sure it's quite right up close. I did make the
crackle pattern much smaller, but also moved the camera closer to the ground
so that it is now at eye-level.

Kevin, thanks for your sky code, but I ended up making my own from scratch,
as I wanted something a bit faster. The clouds seen in this image are made
of four textured planes, so it renders quite fast.

Any comments?

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)

Attachments: