POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Now with a 3rd Dimension (DivX) : Now with a 3rd Dimension (DivX) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:36:59 EDT (-0400)
  Now with a 3rd Dimension (DivX)
From: Dave Brickell
Date: 16 Mar 2002 10:08:35
Message: <3c935ff3@news.povray.org>
Well last night I did an entire rewrite of the main physics code after doing
some reasearch at various places on the net. Also I added in the Z vector to
allow it to work in 3 dimensions.

All of the particles are given random positions and vectors at the start
(apart from the big one in the centre which I set up manually). The camera
is set to follow the big one and so is the light source that is why you can
see no gravitational effects on it. I was quite pleased to see it settle
into a nice little solar system.

My next plan is to set up a Sun/Earth/Moon system (just to see if I can)

Any ideas, comments etc....

Dave

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: