POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Old 500-body-simulation : Old 500-body-simulation Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Old 500-body-simulation
From: Thies Heidecke
Date: 16 Mar 2002 05:48:00
Message: <3c9322e0$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

This is an animation i made 2 years ago. If i remember correctly
it should consist of about 500 bodies. The bodies are are randomly
placed inside of a cube with zero velocity waiting for the gravity
to get them moving. Theoretically my system supports collision
between particles but they are so small that they actualy never
collided. Especially in the beginning there are a lot of particles
which throw each other out of the system near lightspeed :)
This is due to the bad forward-euler-integration. Perhaps i will
rewrite my program with runge-kutta, that should avoid this problem.

Happy Galaxy-forming

    Thies Heidecke