POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Blow up! take 2 (498kbu) : Re: Blow up! take 2 (498kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:36:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blow up! take 2 (498kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 15 Mar 2002 21:09:30
Message: <3c92a95a$1@news.povray.org>
"Slime" wrote:
> Originally, I thought you had taken a real video
> from some newscast or something and put your explosion
> animation on top of it.

Well, that's good too. :)

It's a scanned photo of a building.

> Unfortunately, the explosion itself still looks sort
> of fake; it's too easy to see that you're using separate
> objects containing smoke and fire and moving them around.

That's one of the things that's diffiult to prevent, but I'll do my best.

> Try also moving the "helicopter" in some direction a
> little bit

That's impossible, as the photo of the building is 2d and thus can only be
seen from one angle. Besides, you said just before that you initially
thought it was from a real video, which I would think indicates that it's
convincing enough... :)

> and make the camera movement smoother (looks linearly
> interpolated right now).

Only the zooming and that's intentional because I think linear zooming is
quite common, though not in professional work. But I could try some smoother
zooming in the next version for a change.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)