POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: 'Caged' (38kb) : WIP: 'Caged' (38kb) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  WIP: 'Caged' (38kb)
From: Kevin Ellis
Date: 15 Mar 2002 17:02:05
Message: <3c926f5d@news.povray.org>
Hi

Ok well this is an early test of an idea I have. Not very interesting at the
moment, much more to do. The sky and atmosphere is a hybrid of my own cloud
code and that posted by Jide. As usual, not many shadows to see so you can't
really tell where the sun is. The clouds need more samples which is the main
problem when you go for light clouds, darker ones require a lot less.

Also I can't seem to get fade_power, color and distance to work properly.
The light doesn't seem to be fading in the water, fade_distance of 0.005 it
is still transparent. Any hints as to what I'm missing? And I can never get
fade_color to work, probably due to the fact that fade doesn't seem to be
doing anything, of well.

Oh well, better get on with it.

Kev

Post a reply to this message