POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : language design (was Re: hash marks) : Re: language design (was Re: hash marks) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: language design (was Re: hash marks)
From: Vadim Sytnikov
Date: 15 Mar 2002 11:39:05
Message: <3c9223a9@news.povray.org>

> But POV-SDL isn't normal language. It's mix of language and description so
it
> don't have to have "normal" _language_ scope rules.

You have to have well-defined scope rules to just cope with the complexity.
To make your scenes editable by someone else -- that is, to share code
(models etc.) Have you been using someone else's POV-Ray model recently?
Were you able to edit it?

> Did you use php ? You can open HTML tag inside php
> condition statement and close it outside.

Have you been editing someone else's php code recently? Were that easy?

I'm not talking about what is possible (has precedents etc.) and what isn't.
I'm talking about what's better (== easier, more reliable).