POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Help I need it : Re: Help I need it Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help I need it
From: Tek
Date: 14 Mar 2002 19:23:05
Message: <3c913ee9$1@news.povray.org>
I could see the first pic no problem.

I confess I have no idea how your box approach is working. The way I'd suggest
doing a regular octahedron is with plane intersections like this:

intersection {
    plane { < 1, 1, 1>, 1 }
    plane { < 1, 1,-1>, 1 }
    plane { < 1,-1, 1>, 1 }
    plane { < 1,-1,-1>, 1 }
    plane { <-1, 1, 1>, 1 }
    plane { <-1, 1,-1>, 1 }
    plane { <-1,-1, 1>, 1 }
    plane { <-1,-1,-1>, 1 }
}

8 planes to describe an 8 sided solid :)

Hope this helps.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com