POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Centrifuge 2 (Inertia) : Re: Centrifuge 2 (Inertia) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:34:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Centrifuge 2 (Inertia)
From: Rune
Date: 14 Mar 2002 17:31:07
Message: <3c9124ab@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" wrote:
> So, instead of using calculated centrifuge forces
> (which will be named path-normals, which defines
> better what they are), I used the inertia-calculating
> method Rune mentioned in reply to my fist
> centrifuge animation.

Very nice!

This is also how it works in reality.

> Inertia now adds 75 percent of speed and
> direction to the original direction and speed
> of a particle, which would be outwards from the
> actual path taken.

I think I mentioned something about using inertia as a percentage (as you
have done), but at second thought I think that's wrong. In reality inertia
is always 100%, but particles may be slowed down quickly due to air
resistance. Maybe you could try that. :)

My own tests with 100% inertia combined with air resistance give nice
results.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)