POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : to the honor of the Pov/MegaPov developers : Re: to the honor of the Pov/MegaPov developers Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: to the honor of the Pov/MegaPov developers
Date: 14 Mar 2002 14:04:39
Message: <3c90f447@news.povray.org>
> So there are round shapes on the diamond? If this is the case you are

Yes. The gridle. It is always round, mostly circular.

> definitely correct. CSG is not only easier, but also provides the true
round
> edges needed for super-close inspection and certain interiors.

Of course, since an ideal diamond is totally clear you can't really see the
difference between the round shaped CSG and a less-round shaped mesh. Maybe
some strange effects due to interior but no one really can tell since there
are so many caustic effects....

However, it was soooo simple to model as a CSG, I simply couldn't resist :-)

regards
SY